Works with the Vice President of Marketing, Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing Managers and the Regional operations leaders to position Gates Hudson as the top-of-mind property management firm within the greater Washington DC metropolitan region. Responsible for identifying areas of brand awareness opportunity as it relates to customer (internal and external) awareness through partnerships, advertising, promotional and industry events. Responsible for performance and fiduciary adherence of regional marketing, advertising, resident retention and communication performance through budgeting, developing and executing strategic and tactical marketing plans for the assigned portfolio of properties. Responsible for enforcing communities to adopt and adhere to brand guidelines, sales process and communication technique. Works aside Regional Property Manager/Assistant Vice President of Operations to ensure client satisfaction exceeds expectations through interacting with clients at regular meetings, utilizing analytical reporting to showcase performance of lead generation, sales goals and visit to lease conversion.
- Serves as primary relationship manager to Property Managers and Regional Property Managers. Create and maintain an inter-departmental team environment; hold biweekly team meetings with marketing team, biweekly marketing performance meeting with key operational personnel; on-site meetings and competitor shops to better proactively identify and prevent occupancy and revenue shortcomings.
- Partners with property leaders and community managers to develop and implement creative marketing and advertising strategies that adhere to budgeted guidelines, including using the internet, print advertising, referrals, outreach marketing, and other tactics, and appropriately selects marketing techniques that fit the property’s resident profile, market conditions and budgets.
- Provides additional and in-depth marketing support to under-performing properties by analyzing the current traffic and leasing performance, troubleshooting and identifying factors contributing to the performance, developing and implementing aggressive marketing, advertising, pricing, and promotional campaigns, and closely following up to evaluate results.
- Maintain an ongoing in-depth knowledge of the market, competition, market trends and demographics to gain a competitive edge. Identify measurable areas of performance against regional management companies to develop market leader status.
- Monitors markets for trends, forecasts, job growth, and other economic conditions which may impact occupancy and leasing effectiveness within the portfolio, recommends changes and response strategies to offset market downturns or opportunities, and provides feedback and recommendations to property management on improving struggling asset performance and maximizing revenue generation on performing assets.
- Develops regular performance tracking and reporting for websites, lead generation/management, and other marketing and sales initiatives as part of optimization and modernization of sales process.
- Proficiency with operations platform, utilizing lead management, response center, resident screening tools, property management software, revenue management system(s), customer relationship management tools, lead nurturing programs, customer retention programs, resale opportunities and social media initiatives.
- Responsible for developing marketing solutions designed to promote the Gates Hudson brand to key constituents within the region, driving measurable demand to convertible points of sale for respective business groups.
- With team, develop and execute strategy of communication pieces, promotional materials, presentations, websites, reports and training materials for all new acquisitions, lease-up development and management take-overs.
- Provide ongoing feedback to team members. Evaluate direct reports through scheduled formal written performance reviews. Take corrective action as necessary according to company policy. Provide recommendations for compensation adjustments, promotions and terminations.
- Communicate via webinars, live presentations, social media tools, website content, training manuals and participation in major internal/external events to enhance engagement and satisfaction of internal and external clients.
- Assists in the development and execution of marketing strategies and programs that support achievement of the portfolio’s business development and financial performance goals by implementing action plans around marketing, advertising, sales, new development presentations, and client communications.
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions and/or acts on opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
Incumbents work in an office environment, but will be required to visit and inspect the leasing office, unoccupied units, amenities, and the grounds of properties within the assigned portfolio.
- Incumbents must be able to view computer screens, Smart Phone’s, and other electronic equipment, paper reports, and journals for extended periods of time where visual strain may result.
- Incumbents must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to ten (10) pounds independently and twenty-five (25) pounds with assistance.
- Routine, local travel may be required to conduct market research, make site visits, attend training classes, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to develop and manage marketing and advertising campaigns, conduct and facilitate leasing sales, and marketing training, and to create and make presentations to managers, clients/owners, and on-site team members.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, property management (preferably Yardi), and database management programs in order to develop presentation materials, and generate or complete required reports.
- Broad knowledge of apartment operations and industry-related marketing concepts and terms in order to read, interpret, and apply market information to understand its impact on occupancy, traffic, retention, pricing, and revenue.
- Demonstrates skills in using the internet for marketing and product advertising, and proficiency in navigating websites and internet communication tools such as e-mail, Craigs List, Facebook, YouTube, and other internet tools.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of a marketing or administrative background sufficient to coordinate and support company-wide marketing and advertising initiatives and programs.
- Four year degree in marketing, advertising, or business and/or equivalent experience is preferred.