Job Title: Maintenance Technician/Porter
Department: Commercial Property Management
Report to: Chief Engineer and/or Property Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain property according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
1. Open and close buildings in conjunction with existing security system.
2. Perform daily inspections of the grounds, parking areas/garages, HVAC operations, public areas, stairwells, and restrooms. Pick up trash and clean as required. Water plant material in planters and planter beds around the exterior of the building.
3. Perform a variety of basic plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry functions.
3. Accept and respond to all work orders received from tenants, the Chief Engineer, and main office personnel. All work tickets to include notes as to action taken and to be closed out promptly.
4. Perform all necessary preventive maintenance items on the machinery, equipment and plant facilities as scheduled by Chief Engineer. These may, at times, involve working after business hours.
5. Take all necessary steps to assure that the comfort and well-being of the tenants is maintained. This includes studying and rescheduling mechanical equipment operations should weather conditions warrant it.
6. Shovel snow and spread chemicals as required during ice and snow storms. All walkways and entrances shall be kept safe and free of ice and snow.
7. Meet and escort tradesmen, movers, or other contractors who may require access to the building outside normal business hours.
8. Assist in the preparation of space for new tenants to include, but not limited to repairing light fixtures and replacing light bulbs, repairing window blinds, replacing ceiling tiles, and supervising all contractors working in the building.
9. Participate in afterhours duty rotation for any/all properties and promptly respond to any emergency calls received.
10. Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment. Read and interpret equipment manuals, diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
11. Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
12. Detect faulty operations and defective materials, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
13. Maintain a neat appearance and conduct himself/herself in a business-like manner at all times.
14. Comply with all safety regulations, and maintain clean and orderly work areas, including but not limited to all electrical, mechanical, meter, elevator, and telephone rooms.
15. Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
16. Be team oriented and a problem solver.
17. Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
18. Possess good time management skills.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Licenses, Certifications. Etc.:
• Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and property maintenance experience;
• Basic computer skills required.
2+ years of experience working in HVAC. plumbing, and electrical maintenance. CFC is preferred.
• Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete an internal application (found in the Company Documents section) and return it to Loraine Capen at firstname.lastname@example.org.